Tuesday 12 June 2012

Very Best Chocolate Fudge Cake

The first of my Mary Berry bakes was this delicious chocolate cake. The filling doubles up as the icing too, and never quite sets so it is always lovely and gooey- just how chocolate cake should be. The sponge itself is moist and soft and ever so tasty. The recipe states to use apricot jam in the centre of the two layers, which would act as the glue, I'm guessing apricot jam is used (in a lot of cakes) as it has a mild flavour, however, I substituted it for raspberry jam and what a delightful taste it added to the cake, the chocolate filling tastes wonderful with a raspberry flavour. This is undoubtedly one of the most delicious chocolate cakes I've ever had. I will definitely be baking it again, just on very special occasions as it really is a treat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment